Holders of the Secondary Level professional pathways courses
These special competitions are aimed for students who have completed secondary level through professional training or specialized artistic courses. Namely, they apply to holders of:
- Professional courses;
- Learning courses;
- Education and training courses for young people;
- Sector-wide courses related with the schools’ network of Portugal Tourism, I. P. (Turismo de Portugal, I.P).;
- Specialized artistic courses;
- Professional training courses under the Youth Inclusion Training Program (Programa Formativo de Inserção de Jovens) from the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- Specialized artistic courses of secondary level in the music field;
- Courses of the European Union Member States, legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education, granting a double certification, school and professional; and granting the qualification level 4 from the European Qualifications Framework;
- Other non-Portuguese courses, legally equivalent to Portuguese secondary education, granting a double certification, school and professional.
In order to apply, you must:
- Hold a double degree course of secondary level or from a specialized artistic course, or a qualification legally equivalent;
- Carry out the assessment tests about the contents and skills required over the different courses and institutions you are interested to apply (see information on access requirements );
- Carry out the prerequisites in the case they are required by the course institution you are going to apply;
The knowledge and skills assessment tests have a weight of 30% in the candidate’s classification.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 1st Cycle Courses (bachelor's degree courses) or Integrated Masters are made through an online platform, provided by the Direção-Geral do Ensino Superior (Directorate-General for Higher Education).
The information available on this Portal does not replace the necessary knowledge and reading of DGES website .
To be published on the DGES website.
The courses you can apply for depend on the area of training of the double degree course at the secondary level or the specialized artistic course of which you are a holder. If you are interested in a 1st Cycle Course or an Integrated Master at the University of Évora, check if you are able to apply looking at this table , which relates the CNAEF areas of professional courses and specialized artistic courses with the 1st Cycles and Integrated Masters, as well as the places available for each course at Evora's University.
ACCESS REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge and Skills Assessment Tests
In order to apply for the special competition provided for holders of professional courses in secondary education and specialized artistic courses, the registration and approval in the knowledge and skills assessment tests are preconditions . Those are required along the different courses and by the several institutions to which the candidate will apply.
Timetable and location of the assessment tests
The University of Évora is part of a network of Higher Education Institutions of the South and Islands, which decided to jointly organize the test assessment of knowledge and skills. The tests are held on the same day and at the same time in the various institutions of the network:
- Nautical School (Escola Náutica)
- Estoril Higher School of Hotel and Tourism (Escola Superior de Hotelaria e Turismo do Estoril)
- Polytechnic Institute of Beja (Instituto Politécnico de Beja)
- Portalegre Polytechnic Institute (Instituto Politécnico de Portalegre)
- Polytechnic Institute of Santarém (Instituto Politécnico de Santarém)
- Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal (Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal)
- University of the Azores (Universidade dos Açores)
- University of Algarve (Universidade do Algarve)
- Évora University (Universidade de Évora)
- University of Madeira (Universidade da Madeira)
The candidate can take the test at any of the network institutions, regardless of the course / institution of the network he intends to apply. The student must register for the test at the institution where he intends to take it.
The timeline is as follows:
- Clarification Sessions to candidates and Professional Schools: between April 15 to June 15
- Registration for the tests: May 31 to June 23, 2021
- Holding of the assessment tests: July 12, 2021, at 2:30 pm ( Portugal and Madeira Island); 1:30 pm (Azores Island)
- Test results: until July 21, 2021
- Requests for review of the tests: July 23 and 26, 2021
- Final agenda: until August 3, 2021
How to register for the assessment tests
Anyone desiring to take the exams at the University of Évora must send the registration by email to the address email@example.com , fill the form provided hereinafter and attach the following documentation:
- Qualification certificate related to the double certification course of secondary level or specialized artistic course; or the Document attesting the attendance of the 12th year of a double certification course at a secondary level or specialized artistic course;
- Completed form available at UÉ Portal;
- Payment proof of the exchange fee.
After submitting the application with the above-mentioned documentation, you will receive a notification, by email, with confirmation of the submission. Enrollment will only be considered if the payment has been made on time.
Enrollment in the assessment test is subject to the payment of emoluments in the amount of € 25.00. The payment is made by bank transfer using the following data:
BANK: SANTANDER TOTTA
NAME: Universidade de Évora Propinas
ACCOUNT: 0003 39840269020
NIB: 0018 0003 39840269020 81
IBAN: PT50 0018 0003 39840269020 81
Which assessment tests do you have to perform
Each knowledge and skills assessment test consist of two components. The first one focuses on Portuguese Language and Culture, and the second one assesses knowledge in the specific area of the test where you are signing up (Biology, Economics, History of Culture and the Arts, Mathematics for Social Sciences and Education, Mathematics and Psychology). The test depends on the course you want to apply for, as you can see in this table . If you want to apply for a course from another institution of the South and Islands network, you should consult the vacancies available at that institution, as well as the tests you have to take.
Regulation and Guides
- Decree-Law No. 11/2020 , of 2 April - Creates special contests for holders of dual certification courses in secondary education and specialized artistic courses
- Ordinance No. 150/2020 , of 22 June - Application rules for holders of dual certification courses at secondary level and specialized artistic courses
- Resolution No. 558/2020 , of 15 May - List of education and training areas
The University of Évora's Office of Access to Higher Education supports the online submission of the application.
Edifício Santo Agostinho
Rua dos Duques de Cadaval
phone: +351 266 760 220
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: from 9:30 to 16:00
Tuesdays and Thursdays: from 9:30 to 13:00
For more information access SAC.ONLINE , the Online Services Desk for Academic Services.