National and international students may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to a Doctoral degree if:
- they hold a Master degree or legal equivalent;
- they hold a Bachelor’s degree, have an academic or particularly relevant scientific curriculum recognised as attesting to their ability to follow the study plan defined by the IIFA's Scientific Board;
- they have an academic, scientific or career curriculum that is recognised as attesting to their ability to follow the study plan defined by the IIFA's Scientific Board.
Candidates must request recognition of their ability to attend a doctoral degree course by the IIFA Scientific Board in their application form. Recognition will only be valid for acceptance to study cycles that lead to doctoral degree and shall not be valid for any other purposes.
Specific entry requirements for certain courses may be stipulated in the notices of the opening of each course. Candidates who do not meet those requirements will not be considered for admission.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for doctoral degree courses must be submitted by completing the appropriate form.
You must submit the following documents with your application:
- A copy of your Bachelor’s degree or Master degree;
- A copy of your transcript of records (curricular units broken down with the respective mark and ECTS credits; not required for students who have a degree from the University of Évora);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of your application submitted in accordance with the protocol, if applicable;
- A statement from the institution that issued your transcript of records or the Embassy indicating your final grade average and the grading scale used by that institution, including the minimum classification required for a pass (if not included in the transcript of records), if you hold a foreign degree. This statement must reflect the conversion of your mark into the Portuguese grading scale and is required to select candidates for the International Student Scholarship.
- If you are a national of a non-EU country, a document confirming that you do not enjoy international student status (pursuant to Article 3 of Decree-Law 62/2018 ), but you fall under one of the criteria to which such status does not apply.
Applications will only be reviewed after the application fee has been paid.
The validation of application documents and the submission of identification documents must take place by 31 December of the year of enrolment. Diplomas or certificates awarded in non-EU countries must be legalised by the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country they were issued or by endorsement with the Hague Apostille .
The information on this page does not replace the need to read the regulations in force on this matter.
For more information, please refer to the course prospectus and respective course notices.
- Applications: 25/Jan/2021 to 26/Mar/2021
- Placement Results: by 16/Apr/2021
- Enrolment: 16/Apr/2021 to 23/Apr/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 03/May/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 03/May/2021 to 10/May/2021
- Applications: 03/May/2021 to 02/July/2021
- Placement Results: by 23/July/2021
- Enrolment: 23/July/2021 to 30/July/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 05/Aug/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 05/Aug/2021 to 12/Aug/2021
- Applications: 02/Aug/2021 to 01/Sept/2021
- Placement Results: by 17/Sept/2021
- Enrolment: 17/Sept/2021 to 20/Sept/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 23/Sept/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 23/Sept/2021 to 27/Sept/2021
Application stage for Re-entry
(for European Union students and in the case of international students only for completion of Dissertation / Project Work / Internship)
Applications: 10/Sept/2021 to 30/Sept/2021
Placement results: by 04/Oct/2021
Enrolment: 04/Oct/2021 to 08/Oct/2021
- The 2nd and 3rd phases for application are subject to the number of remaining places available after placement, re-placement and redistribution of places available in the prior phase. There may, therefore, be courses that do not open 2nd and/or 3rd application phases.
- Nationals of a non-EU country may not apply in the 3rd phase unless they have already been granted a visa or residence permit.
Please refer to the course notices for information on the number of places available.
REGULATIONS AND GUIDES
- Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora
- Calendar for Applying to the University of Évora for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- Academic Regulations of the University of Évora
- New User Registration Guide
- SIIUE Handbook: Online applications (second/third-cycle studies and Postgraduate Degrees)
For more information visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Student Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Student Help Desk office hours.