National and international students may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to a Doctoral degree if:
- they hold a Master degree or legal equivalent;
- they hold a Bachelor’s degree, have an academic or particularly relevant scientific curriculum recognised as attesting to their ability to follow the study plan defined by the IIFA's Scientific Board;
- they have an academic, scientific or career curriculum that is recognised as attesting to their ability to follow the study plan defined by the IIFA's Scientific Board.
Candidates must request recognition of their ability to attend a doctoral degree course by the IIFA Scientific Board in their application form. Recognition will only be valid for acceptance to study cycles that lead to doctoral degree and shall not be valid for any other purposes.
Specific entry requirements for certain courses may be stipulated in the notices of the opening of each course. Candidates who do not meet those requirements will not be considered for admission.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for doctoral degree courses must be submitted by completing the appropriate form.
Step 1: Register here
(see New User Registration Guide
Step 2: Fill in the application form here (see SIIUE Handbook: Online applications (second/third-cycle studies and Postgraduate Degrees) )
You must submit the following documents with your application:
- Master's degree diploma and bachelor's degree diploma authenticated;
- Certificate of the bachelor's and master's degrees authenticated (Course Units discriminated with respective marks and ECTS);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of your application submitted in accordance with the protocol, if applicable;
- Declaration of the Institution that issued the qualification certificate or from the Embassy, with the final average and the grading scale used in that Institution, identifying the minimum classification that corresponds to approval (in case it does not appear in the qualification certificate), in case of having foreign qualifications. This declaration is necessary, in case it is not included in the degree certificate, for the conversion of the final average obtained in the degree into the Portuguese scale. Without this document, the International Student Merit Scholarship can never be awarded;
- If you are a national of a non-EU country, a document confirming that you do not enjoy international student status (pursuant to Article 3 of Decree-Law 62/2018 ), but you fall under one of the criteria to which such status does not apply.
Applications will only be reviewed after the application fee has been paid.
*The authentication applies in the case of foreign qualifications obtained outside the European Union, and the application will not be validated/refused if the above documents are not attached with the proper authentication that can be made:
- either by the consular services or embassies of Portugal in the country from which the qualification was obtained
- or by the consular services or embassies of foreign countries in Portugal
- or by Hague Apostille, for countries that adhere to the Hague Convention;
In case of placement and after registering, all students (except those that entered through the National Access Contest) must present ( click here to see how to make an appointment ) the following documents:
a) up to 30 days after registration, the original documents of the qualification certificates included in the application;
b) until August 31 of the year of admission, proof of application for a visa, in the case of an international student not residing in Portugal;
c) until November 30 of the year of admission, the prerequisites issued by a doctor registered with the Portuguese Medical Association, in case of an international student enrolled in a 1st cycle or Integrated Master's that requires them;
d) until November 30 of the year of admission, the identification document and the visa (when applicable).
The student who does not proceed according to the above mentioned deadlines, the placement and enrollment will be cancelled . Until the aforementioned procedures are carried out, no proof of enrollment, certificate of achievement or certification document will be issued
The information on this page does not replace the need to read the regulations in force on this matter.
For more information, please refer to the course prospectus and respective course notices.”
- Applications: 25/Jan/2022 to 25/Mar/2022
- Placement Results: by 18/Apr/2022
- Enrolment: 18/Apr/2022 to 24/Apr/2022
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 03/May/2022
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 03/May/2022 to 10/May/2022
- Applications: 03/May/2022 to 1/July/2022
- Placement Results: by 22/July/2022
- Enrolment: 22/July/2022 to 29/July/2022
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 04/Aug/2022
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 04/Aug/2022 to 11/Aug/2022
- Applications: 03/Aug/2022 to 02/Sept/2022
- Placement Results: by 20/Sept/2022
- Enrolment: 20/Sept/2022 to 23/Sept/2022
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 27/Sept/2022
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 27/Sept/2022 to 30/Sept/2022
Application stage for Re-entry
(for European Union students and in the case of international students only for completion of Dissertation / Project Work / Internship)
Applications: 07/Sept/2022 to 30/Sept/2022
Placement results: by 03/Oct/2022
Enrolment: 03/Oct/2022 to 07/Oct/2022
- The 2nd and 3rd phases for application are subject to the number of remaining places available after placement, re-placement and redistribution of places available in the prior phase. There may, therefore, be courses that do not open 2nd and/or 3rd application phases.
- Nationals of a non-EU country may not apply in the 3rd phase unless they have already been granted a visa or residence permit.
Please refer to the course notices for information on the number of places available.
REGULATIONS AND GUIDES
- Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora
- Calendar for Applying to the University of Évora for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- Academic Regulations of the University of Évora
- New User Registration Guide
- SIIUE Handbook: Online applications (second/third-cycle studies and Postgraduate Degrees)
- Fee Schedule
For more information visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Student Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Student Help Desk office hours.