Over 23 Candidates
The special competition is designed for people over 23 years of age and is open to those who have passed the Assessment Tests for attending Higher Education and who cumulatively meet the following conditions:
a) Turned 23 by December 31 of the year preceding the Tests;
b) Do not hold a qualification to access Higher Education, and the candidate must declare this in the application form. It is considered that the student does not hold a higher education qualification if:
a) Did not complete secondary education;
b) Completed secondary education but
i. Did not take, or having taken, did not pass the entrance exams required for the intended institution/course;
ii. Completed the entrance exams required for the intended institution/course, but these are no longer valid.
Under the terms of Deliberation No. 1233/2014 of the National Commission for Access to Higher Education, national final exams held before 2022 are valid as entrance exams in the year they are held and in the following two years. As of 2022, exams are valid for the year they are held and for the following four years, according to CNAES Deliberation No. 1043/2021, of 10/13.
Candidates whose nationality is from a country outside the European Union may only register to take the tests if they are not covered by the international student status (regulated by Decree-Law n.º 62/2018, from August 6th, in its current wording and by article 49th of the Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora .
Candidates who pass the M23 assessment tests are considered candidates for the Special Contest for Over 23 years old .
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online using the appropriate form. You will, however, first be required to register on the website .
Candidates should start by registering for the Over 23 Years assessment tests . In the application form, you must attach the following documents in digital format:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass model);
- Documents proving the training and professional experience declared in the Currículo Vitae ;
- Certificate of academic qualifications;
- Document proving date of birth;
- Supporting document in case of requesting exemption from taking a specific test under Article 32th of the Applications Regulation ;
- Document proving exception to international student status in case you have nationality from a country outside the European Union but are covered by one of the cases in which this status does not apply;
- In case of military personnel who intend to adhere under article 14th of Decree-Law n.º 76/2018, from October 11th, they must attach a Declaration proving the provision of at least one year of service in RC and four years of effective service in RCE.
Students, after enrolling, must present the following documents :
- Documents proving academic qualifications , except if obtained in the UÉ:
a) in case of documents relating to foreign qualifications obtained in Portugal or in another country from the European Union , you must present the originals documents that you entered scanned in your application, within a period of 30 consecutive days after enrollment . It should be noted that they must be exactly the same as those inserted in the application.
You can present them in person at the Academic Services or you can send copies of these documents provided that these copies are certified by competent entities that ensure that the copies correspond to the originals that were presented, within 30 consecutive days after enrollment .
b) in the case of documents relating to foreign qualifications obtained outside the European Union, you must send by mail the originals of the documents that you entered scanned in your application, within 3 consecutive days of receiving the placement notification. It should be noted that they must be exactly the same as those inserted in the application.
Alternatively, during the same time, you can send copies of these documents as long as these copies are certified by competent authorities that ensure that the copies correspond to the originals presented to them.
Alternatively, you can also present them in person at the Academic Services, within 30 consecutive days after enrollment .
Note : The original documents sent by mail will be returned when the student shows up in person at the University of Évora to validate the identification (until October 31st).
- Prerequisites form for courses where this applies, must be delivered at the enrollment.
- Identification document : by October 31st .
If you register, but do not pay the first installment of tuition fees and/or do not validate your documents within the deadlines defined for this purpose, the registration will be canceled, but the fees are not cancelled, leaving you in debt. If you intend to withdraw from the Course, you will have to an application at SIIUE, being considered the debtor of tuition fees in accordance with the deadlines and terms defined in the University Tuition Regulations .
Until enrollment is completed, payment of the 1st installment of tuition fees and documents are made available, neither an acceptance letter nor proof of enrollment or any certification document will be issued.
The information on this page does not replace the need to read the regulations in force on this matter.
Enrollment in assessment tests - Over 23 years old candidates
Registration for the assessment tests : 08/Mar/2023 to 24/May/2023 (candidates for the music course can only register for the M23 exams until 10/May/2023)
Specific tests: 12/Jun//2023 to 23/Jun/2023
Specific tests results : until 07/Jul/2023
Interviews : 10/Jul/2023 to 14/Jul/2023
Assessment tests results : until 21/Jul/2023
Applications – Over 23 years old
: Not applicable as the application is automatic for those approved in the M23 Assessment Tests.
Placement results : until 09/ago/2023
Enrolment : 09/Ago/2023 to 14/Ago/2023
Results after reallocations and/or redistribution of vacancies, if applicable : until 21/Ago/2023
Enrollments after relocations and/or redistribution of vacancies, if applicable : 21/Ago/2023 by 25/Ago/2023
See course details for information on places available .
In case of ties, the tie-breaking criteria will be applied under the terms of article 10 of the Regulation for Applications for Access and Admission to the UÉ.
The Assessment Tests for people over 23 years of age are designed to assess the ability to attend a Bachelor's or Integrated Master's course and are held annually. These tests include:
- Specific knowledge test(s) (60%)
- Curriculum analysis (30%)
- Interview (10%)
1. SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE TESTS :
The Specific Tests consist of a written test of a theoretical nature, held at the University of Évora in which the candidate must register, in accordance with the Admission Test(s) required in the General Access Regime, for the course you want to enroll at UÉ through the special competition Over 23 years old.
Candidates may, when registering, request exemption from the test or specific tests, n provided they meet one of the following conditions:
- In the last 3 years, have been successful in Portuguese secondary education, in the subjects corresponding to the entrance exams set by the UÉ for the National Access Competition for the course to which you are applying;
- Approval in a Higher Education Institution of at least two curricular units per semester or one per year in the predominant scientific area of the course to which you intend to apply or in the scientific area of the entrance exam in the National Access Competition;
- In the last 3 years, have passed the curricular units of the Preparatory Course for Admission to Higher Education at UÉ corresponding to the entrance exams of the course you intend to apply for.
Additional information about specific tests:
- Subject assessment tests per course and prerequisites
- Jury Chair of the assessment tests
- Jury Chair of the subject admission tests
- Programme and bibliography of subject assessment tests
- Past tests (tests from previous academic years)
- Calendar of Subject Assessment Tests
- Results Specific Tests
- Results of Assessment Tests
To take the specific test and the interview, within the scope of the Assessment Test, it is necessary to present an identification document, to be validated by a member of the jury present at the test and interview.
2. CURRICULAR ANALYSIS:
The curricular analysis will take into consideration the candidate’s academic and professional curriculum.
The candidate’s motivation, commitment and comprehension and analytical skills will be assessed during the interview.
Candidates submitting applications for courses that have prerequisites must meet those requirements and submit documentary evidence when enrolling.
Regulations and Guides
- Regulation on special access routes – over 23 years old candidates| Decree-law 113/2014 , of 16 July, as amended by Decree-law 63/2016 , of 13 September.
- Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora
- Calendar of Applications to the University of Évora
- Jury Chair of the access route for – over 23 years old candidates
- New User Registration Guide
- SIIUE Quick Application Guide: 1st Cycle/MI
- Fee Schedule
For more information, visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Student Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Student Help Desk opening hours.