Over 23 Candidates
This access route is intended for candidates who are 23 years of age as of 31 December of the year preceding the assessment exams for those over 23 years of age and who have not completed secondary education, or who have not passed the entrance exams required for the course for which they wish to apply, or whose exams have already expired (exams are valid for a period of 2 years after they are taken).
Candidates who pass the over 23 assessment tests are recognised as candidates for the Access route for Over 23 years of age candidates .
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online using the appropriate form. Candidates however will first be required to register on the website .
Candidates must first register for the over 23 assessment test and attach the following documents in electronic format to the application form:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass CV);
- A photocopy of your transcript records and proof of your professional experience stated in the CV;
- Document confirming the transcript of records and the date on which the subject was completed (applicable only if candidates apply for exemption from taking the specific exam under Article 31 of the Regulation on Acceptance and Admission );
- Proof of date of birth;
- If you are a national of a non-EU country, a document confirming that you do not have international student status, but fall under one of the criteria to which such status does not apply.
Applications will only be reviewed after the application fee has been paid.
Candidates for the degree in Music are automatically registered in the Vocational Aptitude Test (PAVE), and must pass the branch/instrument for which they intend to apply. Tests will be taken within the time frame indicated under Application Deadlines .
The authentication of application documents and the validation of identification and visa documents must take place by 31 December of the year of enrolment. Foreign diplomas and certificates must be legalised by the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country they were issued or by endorsement with the Hague Apostille .
The information on this page does not replace the need to read the regulations in force on this matter.
REGISTRATION FOR THE ASSESSMENT TESTS – OVER 23 CANDIDATES
1st Phase – Single Phase
- Registration for assessment tests: 18/Mar/2021 to 04/Jun/2021
- Specific tests: 14/Jun/2021 to 25/Jun/2021
- Specific test results: by 09/Jul/2021
- Interviews: 12/Jul/2021 to 16/Jul/2021
- Assessment test results: by 23/Jul/2021
SPECIAL APPLICATION ROUTES – OVER 23 CANDIDATES
- Applications: not applicable – application is automatic for those who pass the mature student tests.
- Placement results: by 30/Aug/2021
- Enrolment: 30/Aug/2021 to 13/Sept/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 07/Sept/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 07/Sept/2021 to 10/Sept/2021
See course details for information on places available .
Assessment tests for over 23 candidates aim at assessing the candidate’s ability to attend a Bachelor’s degree or an Integrated Master degree, and take place every year. These tests comprise:
- Specific subject assessment test(s) (60%) – written theory test on the relevant field(s) of knowledge for entering the intended course
- Curricular analysis (30%)
- Interview (10%)
1. SUBJECT ASSESSMENT TESTS:
Subject assessment tests consist of a written theory test, taken at the University of Évora and for which candidates must register, for admission to the course in which the candidate wishes to enrol at UÉ through the access route for mature students.
Candidates may ask to be exempted from the subject assessment test(s) provided they fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Must have passed, in the past 3 years, in the Portuguese secondary education system, the subjects equivalent to those of the admission tests required by UÉ under the National Access Route applicable to the course for which they are applying;
- Must have passed, at a higher education institution, at least two semester curricular units or an annual curricular unit in the predominant scientific area of the course for which they are applying, or of the scientific area of the entrance exam in the National Access Route;
- Must have passed, in the past 3 years, the curricular units of the Preparation Course for Admission to Higher Education of the UÉ equivalent to those of the entrance exams applicable to the course for which they are applying.
Additional information on subject assessment tests:
- Subject assessment tests per course and prerequisites
- Jury Chair of the assessment tests
- Jury Chair of the subject admission tests
- Programme and bibliography of subject assessment tests
- Past tests (tests from previous academic years)
- Calendar of Subject Assessment Tests
To take the subject assessment test and the interview, both part of the Assessment Test, students must show their identification document, which a member of the jury panel will confirm at the time of the test and interview.
2. CURRICULAR ANALYSIS:
The curricular analysis will take into consideration the candidate’s academic and professional curricula.
The candidate’s motivation, commitment and comprehension and analytical skills will be assessed during the interview.
Candidates submitting applications for courses that have prerequisites must meet those requirements and submit documentary evidence when enrolling.
REGULATIONS AND GUIDES
- Regulation on special access routes – over 23 candidates| Decree-law 113/2014 , of 16 July, as amended by Decree-law 63/2016 , of 13 September.
- Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora
- Calendar for Applying to the University of Évora for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- Jury Chair of the access route for – over 23 candidates
- New User Registration Guide
- SIIUE Application Quick Guide: First-cycle studies/IM
For more information, visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Student Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Student Help Desk opening hours.