Applications are accepted from all students who are nationals of non-EU countries and who hold:
- a qualification giving access to higher education in their country of origin (a diploma or certificate issued by a competent authority attesting that the candidate has completed secondary education or the legal equivalent thereof and has passed their exams, such as the ENEM in Brazil), or
- a diploma of Portuguese secondary education or legally equivalent qualification awarded by a secondary school or by the competent department of the Ministry of Education;
The following are not considered international students:
- Non-nationals of an EU Member State legally residing in Portugal for more than two consecutive years on 1 January of the year in which they wish to enrol in higher education; or
- Candidates with dual nationality, one of which from an EU Member State;
- Candidates who, on the 1st of January of the year in which they wish to enrol in higher education, have a status of equal rights and duties granted under the international treaty signed between Portugal and the State of which they are nationals;
- Family members of Portuguese nationals or nationals of an EU Member State. Family members are considered the spouses or cohabitation partners and direct descendants or ascendants who are dependent on an EU citizen.
- Students enrolled in a foreign higher education institution who would like to apply for a mobility period at the University of Évora .
- Students who apply for enrolment in higher education under special regimes.
Foreign students who do not meet the requirements for international student status should apply as EU students .
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online using the appropriate form. You will, however, first be required to register on the website .
You must submit the following documents , in electronic format, with your application:
- A document confirming that you have completed secondary education and the transcript of records granting access to higher education in the country in which diploma was awarded, indicating the classifications you obtained in each of the subjects taught;
- A document that demonstrates that you passed the entrance exams and the respective classification(s), where your country of origin requires entrance exams for access to higher education in addition to secondary education (e.g., the ENEM in Brazil);
- A document confirming completion of Portuguese secondary education or legal equivalent thereof, as well as proof that you sat the entrance exams under the General Access System;
- A statement from the institution that issued your transcript of records or the Embassy indicating your final grade average and the grading scale used by that institution, including the minimum classification required for a pass (if not included in the transcript of records).
Applications will only be reviewed after the application fee has been paid.
If you are applying for a degree in music, you must register in advance and pass the Vocational Aptitude Test (PAVE) , indicating the route through which you wish to apply and the branch and instrument in which you wish to take the PAVE. You can register up to three branches/instruments. Tests will be taken within the time frame indicated under Application Deadlines .
The authentication of application documents and the submission of identification and visa documents must take place by 31 December of the year of enrolment. Foreign diplomas and certificates must be legalised by the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country they were issued or by endorsement with the Hague Apostille .
The information on this page does not replace the need to read the regulations in force on this matter.
- Applications: 25/Jan/2021 to 26/Mar/2021
- Placement Results: by 16/Apr/2021
- Enrolment: 16/Apr/2021 to 23/Apr/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 03/May/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 03/May/2021 to 10/May/2021
- Applications: 03/May/2021 to 02/July/2021
- Placement Results: by 23/July/2021
- Enrolment: 23/July/2021 to 30/July/2021
- Placement results following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: by 05/Aug/2021
- Enrolment following re-placement and/or redistribution of places available, if applicable: 05/Aug/2021 to 12/Aug/2021
- The 2nd phase for application is subject to the number of remaining places available after placement, re-placement and redistribution of places available in the prior phase. There may, therefore, be courses that do not open 2nd application phase.
See course details for information on places available .
To enrol for a particular course at the University of Évora, international students must demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter covered in the entrance exams of a level and content equivalent to those of the students accepted through the National Access Route, as specified in Annexes II and III of the Regulation on Acceptance and Admission .
Candidates must have achieved a pass in the secondary education subjects equivalent to those of the entrance exams required under the National Access Route applicable to the course for which they are applying.
Candidates who do not meet the specific qualification requirements indicated above may, as decided by the Jury Chair, be required to attend and pass the Preparation Course for Admission to Higher Education or the respective curricular units corresponding to the entrance exams for the Bachelor’s or Integrated Master degree for which they are applying.
Candidates submitting applications for courses that have prerequisites must meet those requirements and submit documentary evidence to the Academic Services to validate enrolment.
REGULATIONS AND GUIDES
- Decree-Law 36/2014 , of 10 March, as amended and republished under Decree-Law 62/2018 , of 6 August.
- Regulation on Acceptance and Admission to the University of Évora
- Calendar for Applying to the University of Évora for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- New User Registration Guide
- SIIUE Quick Guide: Applying as an International Student
- Appointment of Jury Chair for the Special Track for International Students (2017/18 to 2019/20) |Decision 112/2017
- Fee Schedule
For more information visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Student Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Student Help Desk operating hours.