Academic and non-Academic Staff Mobility
Academic and non-academic staff mobility is a fundamental enabler in the University of Évora's internationalisation process, as it enhances the European dimension and the quality of the higher education institution, linking institutions in different countries and offering the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Academic Staff Mobility:
- For teaching at a higher education institution that has a protocol/agreement in place with the University of Évora
- For training: professional development through training events (excluding conferences)
Non-Academic Staff Mobility:
Staff mobility for training is undertaken to share good practices and methodologies, where non-academic staff participate in seminars, workshops, training courses and, in particular, through job shadowing at a higher education institution that has a protocol/agreement in place with the University of Évora.
Academic and non-academic staff must contact the organisations abroad (universities, companies, NGOs and other organisations) to discuss and design the training programme. You should also refer to the IMOTION ERASMUS Staff Training Database , for information on upcoming Staff Weeks.
Academic and non-academic staff who wish to undertake mobility must have an employment contract with the University of Évora in force for the year in which they wish to undertake mobility.
According to the Fellowship Statute “fellowship contracts are neither a legal or employment relationship nor a service agreement” and, as such, University faculty members or research fellows who do not have an employment contract with the University of Évora are not eligible for mobility.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying, you should read about the different Mobility Programmes through which you can undertake mobility, and research information about the country and higher education institution where you wish to undertake mobility (host institution) .
Once you have decided which Mobility Programme/Project you would like to undertake, you must log in to the UÉ Integrated Information System (SIIUE ) to submit your application (Online Application Guide ). After the person in charge has analysed and rated your application, taking into account the applicable selection criteria (for academic staff: EA ; ECT ; ECS ; ESESJD ; for Non-academic staff : the criteria defined under the Call for Mobility prevail for applications submitted for a mobility programme for which a Call was launched), you will be notified if you have been accepted.
If accepted, you must complete the Mobility Agreement (Teaching or Training Agreement) to formalise the outbound mobility process proposal. You may only undertake mobility after that respective document and the Mobility Agreement have been signed (by the University of Évora and the host institution) and after receiving approval for the experience abroad (equivalent to a fellow).
Academic and non-academic staff who wish to undertake training mobility at a higher education institution, NGO or other organisation in one of the eligible countries in the Programme with which the University of Évora does not have a protocol/agreement in place may contact the respective institution or organisation to obtain a letter of acceptance.
In the case of mobility for teaching at a higher education institution with which the University of Évora does not have a protocol/agreement, it is up to you to contact the Institution to ascertain whether they are interested in hosting you and, consequently, drawing up and formalising a protocol/agreement. If the Institution is open to hosting you, you must log in to the Online Help Desk , where you will find information on how to propose a protocol/agreement. You must provide the rationale for said agreement/protocol and the name and contact details of the person with whom you spoke at the potential host Institution. The proposal will necessarily be forwarded to the Director of the respective Organic Unit and subject to approval by the Rectorate.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Identification document (Passport/Citizen Card) / Identification (Passport)
- Authorisation from your supervisor if you are a non-academic staff member
- Work agreement
If you are applying for the ERASMUS+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) Programmes, the following documents must also be submitted:
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Proof of language skills
MOBILITY IN EUROPE AND IN PORTUGAL
1st Phase - For the first semester and for the academic year 2021/2022
- Applications: 18/jan/2021 to 26/feb/2021 - extension of the deadline until march 31, 2021
- Ranking of the results: 01/mar/2021 to 12/mar/2021 - due to the deadline extension it will take place from april 7 to april 17, 2021
- Placement results: by 26/mar/2021 - due to the deadline extension it will take place until april 30, 2021
2nd Phase - For the second semester of 2021
- Applications: 17/may/2021 to 11/jun/2021
- Ranking of the results: 14/jun/2021 to 25/jun/2021
- Placement results: by 09/jul/2021
3rd Phase - For the second semester of 2021/2022
- Applications: 29/aug/2021 to 19/sep/2021
- Ranking of the results: 22/sep/2021 to 02/oct/2021
- Placement results: by 18/oct/2021
Consortium Project “High Performance Computing and High Performance Data Analytics - HPC + HPDA” - Deadline for the 2nd Phase of Applications extended until august 15, 2021.
MOBILITY OUTSIDE EUROPE - ICM
- Applications: 18/Jan/2021 to 26/Feb/2021- due to the deadline extension it will take place until march 31, 2021
- Ranking of the results: 01/Mar/2021 to 12/Mar/2021 - due to the deadline extension it will take place from 7 to 17 of april, 2021
- Placement Results: by 26/Mar/2021- due to the deadline extension it will take place until april 30, 2021
- Applications: 04/Oct/2021 to 29/Oct/2021
- Ranking of the results: 14/Jun/2021 to 25/Jun/2021
- Placement Results: by 26/Nov/2021
MOBILITY PROCESS PROPOSAL
After receiving your letter of acceptance, you must log in to the UÉ Integrated Information System and submit your mobility proposal by completing the Mobility Agreement (for Teaching or for Training), together with the following documents:
- Duly authorised equivalence to fellow, for academic staff;
- Authorisation from your superior for travel abroad in the mobility period, for non-academic staff;
All parties involved (University of Évora, host institution, and academic or non-academic staff member) must sign the Mobility Agreement before the mobility period begins. Original copies of the documents do not need to be passed around for signature; scanned and electronic signatures are accepted.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL
Academic and non-academic staff are responsible for arranging their own accommodation and travel.
Speak with fellow colleagues who have already participated in a mobility programme in the respective country/city. Some private companies in a number of European cities offer accommodation. Visit credible and reliable websites to learn about your rights and duties regarding accommodation. Always seek advice from the host institution’s Mobility or International Relations Office.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
You must make sure you have the “Certificate of Attendance” template before starting a mobility programme, which must be submitted to the Mobility or International Relations Office of the host institution or the company where you are to carry out your internship such that they may sign and stamp it.
Once you have received the signed and stamped document from the host institution indicating the start and end date of the mobility period, it must be uploaded to the SIIUE under your staff profile and the original handed in to the Mobility Office once you return to the University of Évora.
ENDING YOUR MOBILITY PERIOD EARLY
If, for unforeseen and duly justified reasons, you are forced to end your mobility period early, you must notify the UÉ Mobility Office, via GESDOC , and the host institution before returning to the University of Évora.
If mobility has already been accepted by the host institution, you must inform said institution of your withdrawal.
If you withdraw after the mobility period has started:
- You must repay the grant in full, should you have been awarded one, if you withdraw before the minimum mobility period;
- If you withdraw after the minimum period, you will only be entitled to the grant amount corresponding to that period and must repay the difference.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Before returning to UÉ, you must ask your host institution to sign and stamp your “Certificate of Attendance” and then upload to it to the SIIUE under your staff profile. The original must then be handed in to the UÉ Mobility Office as soon as you return to the University.
At the end of your mobility period, you must complete the Final Survey, which will receive by e-mail. Completing the Final Survey is compulsory .
REGULATIONS AND GUIDES
For more information visit SAC.ONLINE , the Academic Services Online Help Desk.
Click here for information on the Academic Services Department’s office hours.