Sustainable Development Goals
1) To develop analytical thinking and to stimulate the problematize the relation between culture and nature
2) To understand and discuss the unitity and diversity of cultures
3) To contribute to attitudes of respect and tolerance towards cultural differences
1.Anthropology within the context of social sciences.
2.From General Anthropology to Cultural Anthropology. Preliminary concepts.
3.The object of Cultural Anthropology;
4.The anthropological method (introductory characterization).
II Themes of Contemporary Anthropology:
5. Identity and Difference. Racism and Xenophobia.
6. Noções de Antropologia do Simbólico: Os Ritos de Passagem.
7. (I)Material Cultures and Heritages.
8. Reciprocity and Circulation.
Continuous Evaluation is the preferred method and it is based in two written tests (2x50%).
Evaluation system by Exam: one final exam (100%)
- Filipa da Mota Alvim de Carvalho [responsible]