Methods and Techniques of Social Research
Sustainable Development Goals
- Learn the different stages of practical implementation of a social research, integrating theories and methods;
- Interpret, critically, the methodologies used in works of disclosure, in general scientific research and particularly in the domain of social sciences, especially sociology;
- Contribute to a critical and relativist analysis of the scientific knowledge in its methodological and practical aspects.
- Justify specific methodological and technical components of other curriculum subjects.
1.1 Research in socil sciences vs other sciences
1.2 Ethics in research
1.3 Approaches in Tourism Research.
2. Social Research Methodologies aplied to Tourism.
2.1 Research Methodology
2.2 Rules for knowledge dissemination
2.2.1 Structure of a scientific report
2.3 Literature review and reference systems
2.4 Data collection.
2.4.1 Secondary data
2.4.2 Primary data
2.5 Data analysis
The student can either opt for continuous evaluation or a final exam. If you choose the continuous evaluation: the evaluation will consist of 1or2 tests; elaboration, in group or individually, of practical works for the application o acquired knowledge and other elements of evaluation (attendance, participation, initiative, dedication carried out inpractical works ...). For assignment of the final grade the test(s) will count for 80% of the note; all other elements of evaluation (individual and group work, attendance, participation ...) will have 20%. In the Final Exam system: evaluation will consist in an exam and other elements of assessment.