Research Methods II
Sustainable Development Goals
It is intended that the students get appropriate formation in sampling distribution theory, estimation and inference analysis. The course gives special emphasis to the estimation and analysis of econometric models.
capacity to create and solve statistical problems
Capacity to select and apply appropriate techniques to solve problems.
capacity to perform research and to interpret statistical and econometric outputs
To develop logical and critical reason
Team work and communication.
Computing skills and knowledge of econometric software.
2. Estimation and statistical inference
3. Linear Regression Model: estimation; specification, models with qualitative explanatory variables; endogeneity.
4. Discrete and limited variable models.
5. Introduction to time series models.
6. Introduction to panel data models
7. Introduction to Structural equation modeling
Evaluation: compulsory (open book) written examination at the end of the semester + three empirical projects in groups of two or three students.