Planning and Social Intervention
Sustainable Development Goals
The specific objectives correspond to:
a) knowing the premises and the conditions under which lies the need, the emergence and sustenance of the planning / intervention in time and space.
b) identify characteristics, trends and problems of the present, as well as referring to the range of answers or options that may be selected to address them, and then place the role of planning / intervention in the context of a sociology of action.
c) knowledge of generic and specific features of the planning process / social intervention
d) identify some experience planning / social intervention, particularly from the testimony of professionals involved.
1. The social situation in the World and Portugal
2. Notions and concepts.
3. The fundamentals of individual planning
4. The foundations of social / collective planning
B. Contexts current sociological intervention
1. Scope and characterization of Sociology intervention
2. Domains for a theory of action: knowledge / action, actor / system;
3. Participation and citizenship in the planning
4. New trends of Planning
C. Planning and methodology of participatory planning
1. Dimensions, functions and role of planning
2. Types of Planning
3. Models of intervention
4. Stages of development of projects of social intervention
5. Evaluation and monitoring systems
6. Obstacles / weaknesses inherent in the planning process
D. Experiences of Planning / Social Intervention
(organized by trade / public and / or entities / private organizations at national, regional and local).
The process of teaching and learning will be organized based on theoretical and practical sessions.
I. In the dynamics of the sessions is expected the use of exercises of analysis and discussion of texts and / or boosting part of the sessions for students, individually or in small groups, from pre-selected texts
II. In addition to the collective sessions, classroom, students develop independent work, individually and in groups. Will use the Moodle platform to facilitate the sharing of teaching resources and synchronous and asynchronous communication distance.
III. Case studies and / or study visits
IV. Participation of guests in the dynamics of the sessions (experts in the field of planning and social intervention)
I. Written test of knowledge
II. Individual work (for students not covered by the assessment of Regular Season)
III. Group work and their oral presentation, which includes public discussion which includes public discussion with the teacher.
- Lidia Patricia Santos Amaral Tomé [responsible]