Advanced Topics in Accounting
Sustainable Development Goals
It is intended to provide students with conceptual references for assessing the quality of accounting information and the related regulations. It is also intended that students acquire research and judgment skills to undertake high quality scientific research.
During the course it is expected that students will be able to develop the following skills:
- Know the conceptual framework of accounting and its historical evolution;
- Critical understanding in relation to new developments in accounting;
- Research skills and aptitudes for application of methodologies;
- Critical analysis and judgment skills.
1. Conceptual framework
2. Financial accounting research
3. Emergent issues on financial accounting
Issues on Management Accounting
4. Conceptual framework
5. Management accounting research
6. Emergent issues in management accounting
The assessment consists of performing an individual work, which is presented and discussed at the end of the semester. The work is a review of the literature on a topic chosen by the student with the prior consent of the teachers. Execution job stages and periodic presentations are defined for the semester.