Fundamental Theories of Management and their Application
Sustainable Development Goals
At the conclusion of the course, students should be able to:
1.Understand framing of theoretical contributions, and to achieve rigor and relevance in research.
2. Identify and formulate research problems, specify research objectives/questions and connect with research gaps.
3. Synthesize extant literature and relate to the research question
4. Align gaps, research questions and empirical development with the theoretical lens.
5. Explicate the contribution of the research in the light of the theoretical underpinnings.
-A brief history of management thought
-Emergence of marketing as a research área
- The Japanese revolution
- Competitive advantage
- The military theorists
Part 2- Some importante theoretical lenses
- agency theory
- transaction cost analysis
- resource based view (RBV)
- contingency theory.
Disclosure of the contents of the lesson and bibliography (with an indication of the basic texts), in advance of one week, students across the page on the intranet of the University of Évora, in the e-learning platform of the University.: www.moodle.uevora.pt.
The evaluation would be based on: a) analysis of five papers (within an area chosen by the students) to understand and analyze the management theory used, and how it is developed in the papers. b) propose a research paper, and develop and adequate theoretical underpinning.
- Soumodip Sarkar [responsible]