Sociology of Education
Sustainable Development Goals
At the end of the semester, students should be able:
- To characterize the subject of study, the main concepts and theories of sociology of education;
- To understand education as a result of the relations occurring in different educational contexts and social institutions;
- To evaluate the importance of education for societies, particularly in processes of social control, social stratification and social change;
- To question the relationship between education and development of territories;
- To analyze, sociologically, the dynamics of the school as a social system consisting of structure and actors with different roles and status, which interact internally and externally;
- To discuss the future of education face the new challenges of the "information society and knowledge".
THEME 2: EDUCATION AND SOCIETY
THEME 3: EDUCATION AND (IN) EQUALITY
THEME 4: EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
THEME 5: SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES ABOUT THE SCHOOL
THEME 6: THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION
Sessions dynamic is expected to appeal to the exercises of analysis and discussion of texts and work done by students, individually or in small groups, from texts previously suggested and / or researched by (the) students.
Besides the collective sessions, held in the classroom, students develop independent work, individually and in groups. It will use the Moodle platform to facilitate the sharing of educational resources and synchronous and asynchronous distance communication.
The evaluation will include a written test about the contents and in work (s) individually and / or group oral presentation sessions on class. In the final classification is still considered the evaluation of socio-affective skills of the student.
- José Manuel Leal Saragoça [responsible]