Tuition fee is the fee paid by the student in exchange for the provision of the “teaching” service. Students enrolled at the University of Évora are considered debtors of the tuition fee for the academic year in which they enroll, obtain accreditation or submit a thesis / dissertation / work project / internship project or any other curricular act.
The tuition fees are set annually by Rector's Office . The amount of the fees is independent of the number of ECTS credited, as well as of the number of subjects in which the student is enrolled up to a maximum of 36 ECTS/semester, except in the 1st year of entry where, at most, the student, from any study cycle, can only enrol for 60 ECTS, being able to enrol up to 36 ECTS in the 2nd semester enrolment change period.
In addition to the tuition fees, the following registration / enrollment payments are also due:
- Annual school insurance premium , is paid on the 1st payment of the tuition fees;
- Enrollment fee, is paid on the 1st payment of the tuition fees, being also due on the act of re-entry or change of course. The application of the enrollment fee in association courses is subject to the approval of its application by the partner institutions.
In order to submit the thesis/dissertation/project work/internship report in the 2nd or 3rd cycle, the student must have paid at least the total amount of the tuition fee corresponding to
- three academic years, in the case of 3rd cycle courses lasting 4 years
- two academic years, in case of 3rd cycle courses lasting 3 years
- one academic year, in case of 2nd cycle
- one academic year, in the case of re-entry and verification of the above mentioned in the previous points
It is up to the students who enrol/register at the University of Évora to consult the amount and deadlines of the instalments due in each academic year in the Integrated Information System of the University of Évora (see the Guide of Amounts in Payment ).
Payment of tuition fees can be made as follows:
- In full during the 1st payment period
- In 10 payments
- 1st payment until 30 days after enrollment (in case of international students, the registration will be canceled if the payment of this installment doesn’t occur within the period defined above)
- 2nd payment until October 31
- 3rd payment until November 30
- 4th payment until December 31
- 5th payment until January 31
- 6th payment until February 28
- 7th payment until March 31
- 8th payment until April 30
- 9th payment until May 31
- 10th payment June 30
Payment can be made using:
- the ATM network or equivalent process through Homebanking / Internet;
- in person at the treasury located at the SAC;
- via Paypal. This form of payment is quite simple and secure, with the advantage of the transaction being validated at SIIUE immediately after payment. To use this service you must have a Paypal account. The creation of this account is free.
- In the case of foreign students, in which it is not possible to pay by the means mentioned above, they can request the Treasury, by email (email@example.com), the data to make the transfer, however the payment is only considered done when proof of transfer is sent to the Treasury e-mail.
The information necessary to make the respective payment (ref. ATM, entity, etc.) is available in the student profile at SIIUE , and you can consult the Payment Amounts Guide .
The Tuition Regulation of the University of Évora enshrines the special tuition schemes for students enrolled and registered in a cycle of studies, which meet the conditions and deliver the required documentation to take advantage of one of the following schemes:
- Former combatants of military operations and their children
- Teaching Agents
- Armed Forces Handicapped
- Higher Education Professors at UÉ
- UÉ employee students
- Cooperating Professor
- Part-time student
- Protocol with other institutions
- Tuition fee paid by another institution upon invoice from UÉ
- Scholarship holders from other institutions - Scholarship paid directly to UÉ
- Scholarship from another Institution - Scholarship paid to the student
How to do it
Recognition of the right to a special tuition fee depends on the student's annual requirement, and the request must be made, annually, online in the Student profile, at SIIUE .
The necessary documentation to obtain the respective regime must be introduced when requiring for it.
The request must be made online at the time of registration through the SIIUE SIIUE, or after registration and until October 31, through an application to be submitted in GESDOC .
If you register up to 30 ECTS, the SIIUE offers the the option of benefiting from the part-time regime, being that:
- If you register up to 15 ECTS and confirm that you want the regime, the minimum fee is due, and you cannot register more ECTS during the academic year;
- If you register for more than 15 ECTS and up to 30 ECTS and confirm that you want the scheme, 70% of the annual fee is due, or the minimum fee if the amount resulting from the 70% of the annual fee is lower than this, and you cannot register more ECTS during the school year;
- If you confirm the request for the part-time regime and later intend to register for more ECTS, you will have to submit an application, within the deadlines defined in the Academic Procedures Calendars for registration or changes, to request the registration (identifying the CU), losing the regime if it exceeds the regulated ECTS.
- If you enroll in the CU Thesis (3rd cycle) on a part-time regime, 70% of the annual tuition fee for the respective cycle of studies / course is due, or the minimum tuition fee if the amount resulting from the 70% annual tuition fee is lower than this and implies that, for each academic year in which the student chooses this regime, he will have to enroll in the subsequent academic year.
- If you register for Dissertation / Project Work or Internship Report (2nd cycle), 70% of the annual tuition fee for the respective cycle of studies / course is due, or the minimum fee if the amount resulting from the 70% tuition fee is less than this and implies
-enrollment at CU in both semesters, of the same academic year, if the CU has up to 42 ECTS;
-enrollment in the UC in two academic years, if the UC has more than 42 ECTS.
- In the case of international students, it is due to the part-time regime, 70% of the tuition fee of the academic year defined annually in Rectoral OrderM or the minimum tuition fee if the amount resulting from the 70% of the annual tuition is less than this.
The settlement of tuition fees debts must, obligatorily, take place by the end of the term of the last instalment of tuition fees of the academic year to which it relates, unless the student adheres to a phased payment plan of tuition fees.
Penalties for breach of payment:
Failure to pay the tuition fee due in the academic year, in the amounts and within the established deadlines, implies:
- The nullity of all curricular acts practiced in the academic year to which the non-compliance of the obligation refers;
- Suspension of registration and annual registration;
- Failure to accept any application or evaluation;
- The ban on access to the e-learning platform (Moodle ) and the student's academic record at SIIUE ;
- Failure to issue any diploma or certificate of completion, or any other information document on the student's academic career, relatively to the academic year to which the debt refers, namely certificate of qualification, academic achievement or term of accreditation;
Debt Phased Payment
For phased payment of the debt the student can adhere to the phased payment plan for tuition fees by formalizing the request at the Treasury located at the Academic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The student who adheres to a payment plan is also obliged to pay the tuition fees for the current academic year corresponding to the cycle of studies in which he / she enrolls.
Regulations and Guides:
For more information, please consult SAC.ONLINE , the Online Services Desk for Academic Services.
Click here to see the service hours and contacts of Academic Services.
Treasury Contacts: Santo Agostinho Building, Duques de Cadaval street- Évora. Telephone: 266 760 221. E-mail: email@example.com