VAPS - Variational approach to Plastic Surgery
- Universidade de Évora(líder)
- Universidade do Minho(parceiro)
- Universidade do Porto - Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar(parceiro)
Objetivos, atividades e resultados esperados/atingidos
The aim of this project is to make a thorough analysis of the GVPPS. We plan to study related mathematical problems, such as existence and stability, necessary conditions of optimality, to develop numerical methods suitable to solve variational problems with knitting boundary conditions, to construct computer models for connective tissues, and to create a functionally enhanced prototype software for breast reduction modelling allowing one to forecast the final breast geometry according to the plan of operation.
During the project performance the scientific activity will be organized in the following way. We plan to approach three tasks:
(1) Existence, stability, and necessary conditions of optimality of solutions to GVPPS;
(2) High Order Projection Method for knitting problems;
(3) Creation of a simulator for breast reduction surgery.