Língua e Cultura Estrangeira II - Inglês
Objetivos de Desenvolvimento Sustentável
Objetivos de Aprendizagem
Ver info em Inglês.
- Oral production: accounts of experiences, dreams and ambitions; description of events; putting a case in a debate.
- Written production: personal or business letters; reports.
- Listening comprehension: TV news, documentaries, live interviews.
- Reading comprehension: general and specialised articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems.
- Spoken interaction: casual conversation; expressing thoughts about abstract or cultural topics; formal discussion (e.g. account for and sustain opinion, evaluate and respond to alternative proposals)
- Written interaction: expressing views in writing and relate to those of others; exchanging correspondence by e-mail (e.g. complaint, expressing thoughts and feelings)
- Grammar: nouns; verbs (tense; aspect, voice, modal use); adverbials; direct speech reporting.
Métodos de Ensino
According to the descriptors established for the levels B1/2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe, the methodology adopted will focus on the acquisition and development of the oral and written skills (production, reception and interaction), grammar practice and vocabulary enhancement:
Learners are expected to develop competences in the English language by (1) direct exposure to authentic use of language (e.g. listening to recordings, watching/listening to video, reading authentic texts); (2) direct participation in communicative interaction in English; (3) a combination of presentations, explanations, exercises and exploitation activities in English; among others.
Dictionaries and Thesauri:
(1995). Collins Cobuild English Dictionary. London: Harper Collins.
(1998). Dicionário de Português-Inglês. Porto: Porto Editora
(1998). Dicionário de Inglês-Português. Porto: Porto Editora.
(2002). Longman Language Activator. Essex: Longman.
(2000). Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Oxford: OxfordUniversity Press.
(2003). Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English. Oxford: OxfordUniversity Press.
(2000). The New Penguin English Dictionary. London: Penguin Books.
FERGUSON, R. et al. (eds.) (2001). The New Penguin Thesaurus. London: Penguin Books.
HILL, J. & M. Lewis (eds.) (1997). LTP Dictionary of Selected Collocations. Hove: Language Teaching Publications.
WELLS, J. (1991). Pronunciation Dictionary. Harlow: Longman.
Grammar and usage reference books:
CARNEY, E. (1997). English Spelling. London and New York: Routledge
(1995) Collins Cobuild English Grammar. London: Harper Collins.
EASTWOOD, J. (2008). Oxford Practice Grammar – Intermediate. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
LEECH, G. and J. Svartvik (1994). A Communicative Grammar of English. New York: Longman.
McARTHY, M., O’Dell, F. (1994). English Vocabulary in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
MURPHY, Raymond. (1989). Grammar in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
QUIRK, R. & S. Greenbaum (1973). A University Grammar of English. London: Longman.
SHANNON, T. (1989). Express Yourself. New York: Random House.
SMALLEY, R. L. & M. K. Ruetten. (1986). Refining Composition Skills. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
WOOLARD, G. (2005). Key Words for Fluency. London: Thonson ELT.
Collie, Joanne and Alex Martin (2000). What’s it Like? Life and Culture in Britain Today. Cambridge: CambridgeUniversity Press.
FRAENKEL, Anne, et al. (2002). English Language, Life and Culture. London: Hodder Headline.
(2004). Life in the United Kingdom. A Journey to Citizenship. Home Office.
(2005) Oxford Guide to British and American Culture. Oxford: OUP
Taylor, Larry. (1998). American Culture: myth and reality of a culture of diversity. Westport: Bergin & Garvey.
Other sources of materials
Internet; English-language newspapers and magazines, videos, CD-ROMs, audio cassettes.
COUNCIL OF EUROPE (2001) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment. Cambridge: CUP.
Equipa Docente (2022/2023 )
- Alexandre da Silva Rodrigues
- Luís Sérgio Pinto Guerra [responsável]