Physiopathology and Exercise Prescription for Patients with Central Nervous System Disorders
Sustainable Development Goals
- know the characteristics of the major pathologies related with the central nervous system
- understand the repercussions of the pathologies for the individual health and well being
- know the physiological characteristics of the pathologies and their implications for exercise prescription
- be capable of conducting evaluations of functional fitness and using the results to elaborate individual programs of exercise
1.1. Introduction and conceptual classifications
1.2. Pathophysiology, treatment phases and major implications on the physical condition
1.3. Indications and contraindications of exercise
2. Prescribed exercise in people with central nervous system disorders
2.1. Brief summary of epidemiological determinants and types of prevention (primary, secondary and tertiary)
2.2. Exercise, types of prevention and health models
2.3. Specific implications for labor
Practical classes will be carried out various activities for the application of theoretical concepts of the course, which will result on the definition of working methods with the target population. The practical classes will also be an opportunity to encourage the use of research methods.
It will be important to work through Moodle (lessons, various texts, PowerPoint presentations, websites, etc.). One of the main objectives of the platform moodle is to encourage interaction among participants.
There will be a schedule to meet with the students.
Student work will be guided by specific objectives to be achieved in different contents.
The evaluation will be implemented through work and / or examinations.