The postgraduate course in water resources planning and management is a joint course offered by the University of Évora and the University of Extremadura, which has as its main objective the training of qualified technicians for the integrated planning and management of water resources at the scale of the hydrographic basin. This training benefits from the potential for analysis of shared basins, as is the case of the basins of the Guadiana and Tagus rivers, and the location in the Mediterranean region. In general, it contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to the development of transboundary projects.
Course in Association/Partner Institutions:
- Universidad de Extremadura
School of Science and Technology
2 Semesters/60 ECTS credits (12 required and 48 optional in curricular units)
Taking into account the specific objectives of the course, holders of a postgraduate degree in water resource planning and management will be entitled to perform functions:
- planning and management of water resources in Central, Regional and Local Administration Services;
- management of urban transport and distribution systems, storage and treatment of water and waste water, in management entities of urban water and waste water systems;
- management of water transport and distribution systems in irrigated watering, in Irrigations Associations; - water and energy management in the parcel, in farms or agricultural enterprises.
Specific Entry Requirements
1. Can apply for this Course:
a) Holders of a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent, in Portugal and Spain,
in the scientific area of the course;
b) Holders of an academic degree outside Portugal and Spain that is
recognized by the course Commission;
c) Professionals who demonstrate extensive knowledge in the field of water resources planning
2. Students who anticipate meeting the entrance requirements before the
completion of the Course may enroll conditionally. In the case of the
student does not meet the required access requirements prior to completion of the
Course, the enrollment will be canceled without the right to return the tuition fees
3. For access to the Course, 2 places are reserved for students who do not meet
the minimum qualification requirements for access to these studies, whenever
have a professional experience greater than or equal to 10 years in areas
professionals coincident with the course theme.
Access Routes and Applications
Do you want an academic experience in another national or international higher education institution?
Get to know the programs, the partner institutions where you can do a period of mobility.
Information not available.
Double Degree Protocol