Mathematics ans patterns in elementary schools: perpspectives and classroom experiences of students and teachers
- Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo - Escola Superior de Educação de Viana do Castelo(líder)
- Universidade de Aveiro(parceiro)
- Universidade de Évora(parceiro)
- Universidade do Minho(parceiro)
The ultimate objective that all students learn mathematics has to start by curriculum proposals within which there is a special definition of learning contexts and tasks. Another help can be provided by the change in teacher training in order to give future teachers new ways of organizing their teaching practices. We intend to analyse the development of didactic knowledge directly connected with teaching practice, involving mathematical knowledge, curriculum management, tasks and its application in the classroom.
We hope to achieve with this project: the development of students mathematical concepts in exploration and investigative activities; better understanding of the real needs of mathematical and didactic kind of future teachers and present teachers in complementary training; definition of an education policy; curriculum development in school mathematics and teacher training programmes; and to contribute for an positive attitude to mathematics.
Objectives, activities and expected/achieved results
- Factors and conditions of patterns exploration contexts that develop higher mathematical competence of students and inservice and pre-service teachers;
- The impact of this intervention in mathematical knowledge and in cross competences of students K- 9;
- The impact of this participation in didactic knowledge of inservice and pre-service teachers preparation.
Papers in international journals 3; Communications in national meetings 7; Papers in national journals 3; Master theses 7; itinerant exhibition 1; Organization of seminars and conferences 1; Communications in international meetings 10